Sunday, April 25, 2010

Career

I don't know if I have mentioned this already or not, but I am teacher. And I don't know if you are aware or not, but teaching jobs are not easy to come by in America. Thus comes yet another reason why I should move to Australia. I heard they want teachers there and I am hoping that's true. I spent the past two weeks preparing an essay about my ability to teach. Now on my fourth version, hope this time it's done. Getting a job would just be THE BEST. Imagine....(cue dreamlike clouds) I get a job offer while still in the states and accept it before moving. I could have a place to stay and a consistent income. I could undoubtedly make it work.

Though, I do not hope for the best, because what if it fails? I'd rather aim for the worst and then be surprised. That's my secret plan for happiness - hope for the worst.

And we all know...when you're angry and depressed the words just flooooow. So hopefully if this whole moving to Australia turns out to be a horrible idea, I will at least get a lot of good material for my poetry! ;)

Let's not talk about that though. I would rather focus on preparation. Apart from writing a long letter of my qualifications, I am very satisfied with the hiring process in Victoria. It seems as though people will actually look at my application unlike in CPS where in order to get a job I had to take my resume to each and EVERY school. That didn't work for two years, so I'm done.

My other jobs in Chicago were pretty sweet though. Starbucks, oh my dear love, Starbucks. You're my first and true love. Held me in your caffeinated arms when I arrived lonely and tired. I owe you so much. Mainly because I get too much for free, but also because you helped me transition from country girl to big city living. Maybe I will miss Chicago and especially my Starbucks friends. Stuck by me. Thanks, guys. Keep in touch!

<3 Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment